Congestive Heart Failure Expert Forum
chest thumps

CHF is a condition in which the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs. In some cases, the heart can’t fill with enough blood. In other cases, the heart can’t pump blood to the rest of the body with enough force. Some people have both problems. The term "heart failure" doesn’t mean that your heart has stopped or is about to stop working. Heart failure is a serious condition that requires medical care. This forum is a place to ask questions about CHF. Some examples are: How is CHF diagnosed? What treatment options are available for me?

If you have a question that requires immediate medical attention, or if you think you may have an emergency situation, please call your doctor or 911 IMMEDIATELY!

chest thumps

Hi im probably in the wrong forum but i cant seem to post in the other heart related ines anyway im amale in mid 30s in good health my problem stsrted a year ago when i entered the world of parenthood i get these chest thump sensations now and again which kinda startle me no pain involved but like a skipped beat feeling followed by a strong winded feeling anway they come and go but lately im starting to get a lot of anxiety because of this which makes them worse i check my bpm countless times per day which always seems to be normal plus i google every heart condition under the sun what im thinking is that they are ectopic beats due to stress and lack of excirise but is there a way of stopping them and getting rid of panic and anxiety attacks im startings to take epa fish oil again dont know if that helps
Hello and welcome to the forum:

You are correct that this is not the best forum for you.  Nevertheless, I can tell you with certainty that anxiety is a major contributor to your symptoms (if not the sole contributor).

I suggest that you seek some help for your anxiety.  You will thank me i promise.  Then, if you continue to experience these symptoms, a low dose beta blocker medication is likely to help as well.  But you should see your internist about this first.

Good luck.

Dr. Rich