coma stage after cardiac surgery
Hi sir,
My uncle had a surgery to heart valves(shunts were installed) through angiogram and after few days of surgery suffered from severe headache and went into coma.
I merely wants to know the reasons for coma stage after sucessfull cardiac surgey?
Hello and welcome to the forum.  I am sorry to hear about your uncle.

The possible causes of coma after heart surgery are extensive and can include things that are very serious but also things that are much less serious.

For instance, he could have suffered a stroke which would be quite serious.  Alternatively, he could simply be suffering from the after effects of anesthesia and cardiac surgery which would be generally transiet and should improve.

Unfortunately, I dont think I can provide you much further insight. I encourage you to discuss the details with your uncle's physicians.

Wishing you all the best.

Dr. Rich
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Cardiologists in your area?