flying
zma
I have chf and an aneurysm by my heart I have very low blood pressure I'm on alot of meds for my condition I want to fly to see my son and family then fly from there to see my granddaughter in another state then fly home is all that flying safe for me

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Regarding your question, here is how I would answer it:

1. Flying is generally ok for patients with congestive heart failure provided they dont tend to have "low oxygen levels" or require the use of an oxygen tank.
2. If you do have low oxygen levels, you would need to be sure you have a portable oxygen tank to use and that the trip is not too long
3. You need to be sure you get up and walk around periodically to try to prevent clots from developing in your legs from a long flight
4. If your CHF is very "brittle" and/or you arent doing very well, flying can be worrisome simply from the standpoint that if you end up needing assistance for your condition, you may be stuck on the plane or in another city remote from your doctors.

Having said all of that, my patients with CHF fly all the time and I encourage them to do so when they are stable and are going to do fun things (ie seeing family, etc etc).  So hope that the above doesnt really apply to you and then I'd say go for it!!

Best,

Dr. Rich