Healthy Cooking Community
Easy Tuscan Chicken Simmer
About This Community:

The Healthy Cooking community is for exchanging tips and recipes related to Healthy Cooking.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Easy Tuscan Chicken Simmer

From Kraft:  (I'm making it tonight, probably)

4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 oz cream cheese, cubed (can use the lower fat version)
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup pesto
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes
1 cup finely Kraft Shredded Italian Five Cheese blend (can use reduced fat mozzarella cheese)

Spray a large, nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and heat on med high heat.  Add chicken; cover skillet.  Cook 7-9 min per side, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from heat; keep warm.

Reduce heat to medium.  Add cream cheese, water, pesto, and tomatoes to skillet.  Cook, uncovered, 2 min or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Return chicken to skillet.  Cook and stir 1 min or until chicken is well coated and heated through.  Sprinkle with shredded cheese.

Serve with hot cooked ravioli or fettucine, if desired.  Serves 4

Calories:  410, fat 26 gms, protein 25 gms,  fiber 1 gm, carbs 6 gms

If you make it with the low fat cream cheese and the lower fat mozzarella cheese, you'll save 50 cals/5 gms of fat per serving.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
93532 tn?1349374050
Fantastic!! I made some modifications based on what I had on hand but the base recipe is amazing.

I subbed 2 cups of regular (as opposed to Italian seasoned) canned diced tomatoes, partially drained for the fresh tomatoes.

I cooked the chicken with a couple teaspoons of minced garlic and cubed it after cooking it.

Instead of fetuccine or linguini, I cooked rotini and tossed it with a little EVOO and pesto.

Served the dinner with a baby spinach salad and every one ate it up (and had seconds!)
Blank
172023 tn?1334675884
Andi is my recipe tester.  

I was going to make it, but dinner plans changed.  Now I have all sorts of defrosted chicken around, and we're going out tonight.
Blank
172023 tn?1334675884
I made it tonight, but due to my cold I could barely taste it.  Mr. Peek assured me he loved it.  

He made his own container to take to work tomorrow, since I won't get involved in that any longer, until the sporks stop coming home.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Healthy Cooking Community Resources
Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1424570775
Blank
Barb135