Healthy Cooking Community
Hunger after workouts!

The Healthy Cooking community is for exchanging tips and recipes related to Healthy Cooking.

Hunger after workouts!

How do I get rid of this hunger feeling! I'm tracking my goals with the diet diary and calories counters! So it tells me how many calories to take in with in one day in order to make my goals! Even after a full glass of water or some milk I still feel hungry! Distractions aren't cutting it!
Are you having a few snacks in the day? Maybe reconsider when you're having them and have one after your work out. I personally go for something crunchy like an apple because it takes me a while to get through and I feel like I ate a large amount.
It could be that the work out has lowered your blood sugar and tha'ts why you feel hungry do you feel better after eating ,maybe eat something or drink milk before you work out ?
You could possibly be lowering your calories too much.

Are you putting your exercises (calories burned) into the tracker?

If all your calories and such are in line than you could consider a low calorie protein shake either 30 mins before your workout or 30 mins afterward.
I have this issue as well.  Even though it is extra calories, if I eat a few nuts such as pecans or almonds---  I feel better.  It hasn't hindered me from losing weight to add this in once or twice a day (just a small amount of nuts when I'm having that "I gotta eat!!" sensation.  I think the protein shake would do that too.  

And yes, I get this after I do something physical as well.  

good luck
Can you reschedule your workouts so that it's meal time afterwards? I know I'd be a shaking wobbly lump of useless-ness if I didn't eat after an intense workout! I don't like to eat before-hand (well, I'll have breakfast but about 2hrs or more before I hit the gym) as if I do, I always end up with side-stitch pains so bad they cause me to stop. By the time I'm done exercising I'm in need of serious food, not just a snack. Snacks seems to evaporate the minute they hit my stomach after a workout, leaving me still really hungry and liable to undo the good work I just put in! Lol. I opt to have lunch and save a snack for later when my body isn't in instant-consuming-mode :)
try a protein shake, or chocolate milk, both will help you build muscle plus its good for you
Eat a banana
Avatar n tn
brush you teeth, it really helps. drink one glass of normal tapwater with the juice of half a lemon
You need protein after working out it helps burn more calories