Healthy Cooking Community
I'm hungry
About This Community:

The Healthy Cooking community is for exchanging tips and recipes related to Healthy Cooking.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I'm hungry

Just starting my diet and I love to eat but I'm trying to cut back... How do u fight the cravings.
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I always have a large glass (or bottle) of water with me. If I'm at home there's always one on the kitchen side, at work on my desk and a bottle in my bag if I'm out. I find a big gulp of water kills the cravings.

Also I find filling in your diet diary daily and truthfully really helps. If I get a craving I remember that I'll have to put it in my diary and that usually stops me, though the occasional treat helps to keep you sane :),
Blank
I try chewing gum
Blank
973741 tn?1342346373
You know what really helps me with water . . .   I'm not sure why but it makes a difference for me--  but if I put my water in a water bottle.  I drink more or something.  But that has made me really increase my water intake.  

I have ideas for healthy snacks I can have.  A handful of almonds mid day, a tiny bit of beef jerky, fruit, carrot sticks.  

Indulging every now and then so I don't feel deprived.

AND, not skipping breakfast.  

good luck
Blank
3923358 tn?1358555814
You could try eating healthy for 6 days of the week then induldge in all of your cravings once a week:) got that from my personal trainer, but i garruntee that they will go away if you stick to healthy eating. Must be at least 4 weeks though!;) good luck!
Blank
Thanks everyone these all spund like really good IDEA'S. I think I'll try them all to see which one helps me best. I also found out that drinking water in a bottle I'll drink more water. Again thank you all for the advice. I have found that lost 2 pounds in one week so I'm doing something right.
Blank
973741 tn?1342346373
Awesome!!  Keep up the good work!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Healthy Cooking Community Resources
Top Healthy Living Answerers