Healthy Cooking Community
Need to lose weight

The Healthy Cooking community is for exchanging tips and recipes related to Healthy Cooking.

Need to lose weight

I am 25 years old and weigh 262 lbs. I need to lose weight, not only for my health, but I need to be around for my kids. I am trying to stick to a 1200 calorie diet. Yesterday I only ate 294 calories and woke up starving to death. I have had 500 calories today, so that will leave me 700 for dinner, so I am thinking salad with a little baked chicken on top with 2 tbsp. of dressing. Does anyone have any ideas for low calorie meals? I have been counting every single calorie I take in, and so far have only lost 3 lbs in a week. Any help would be awesome. I can't really get out to much for exercise, my form is cleaning house. I write down everything I eat, like yesterday I ate 5 grapes for lunch, lol. I just want to make sure I am doing this as healthy as possible and make a lifestyle change instead of a diet where I do it for a few months then  gain everything back. My problem is I just don't know how to cook healthy low calorie meals.
If your normally a big eater like I was, it will take a few days to shrink your stomach. tuff out 2-3 days and you will find your body will no longer feel hunger pains other then around meal time!
you need to train your mind with your body so I ask myself am I really hungry? I will most likely say no! Good luck and stick to it!
If you eat too little you will only stay hungry then binge, best to eats many small meals during the day to keep your tummy full, I keep carrots and low cal dip handy I make up bowls of coleslaw that I know are made with lowcal dressings, give myself some treats like a chunk of cheese with a couple of crackers, kiwi fruit, apples, are really a good fruit to eat ..I love Bok Choy its more filling than lettuce .
Hi, I'm into my second week of my diet. I calorie count also. Microwave meals have nutrition and energy values and there are some health conscious ones out there. It might help if you measure calories by the cup or half cup. It may drive you crazy counting every tiny thing you eat. Over time you will probably know from memory what are good things to eat. It can help by looking at other interests in your life to take some focus off eating. I'm learning also and I know it isn't easy. I don't need to say good luck as I feel its up to us to control what we eat :-) keep eating though... you can do this if you want it enough. :-)
One of the most important things is to be active, if you don't excersize regularly you should start with at least 30 minutes of continual movement daily and increase it over time as your body gets used to being more active. If your really out of shape start with walking. If u have a gym go get on the treadmill if you don't, pick a destination in your neiborhood that's 15 minutes or more away from your house. Walk there and back, that way you know you have walked for 30 minutes or more.
You can also turn on some music in your house and have a dance party with your kids, they will love it ( unless they are teenagers lol)

As far as eating goes, try eating your main meals on a smaller plate. Don't over fill the plate trying to make up for its size. If you eat smaller portions with healthy snacks in between you will find after time you will have better control over your appetite and cravings. Eat more vegetables and whole grains. Just because food is healthy does not mean it's has to be nasty. Season your veggies!!! They will be delicious!!  Have fun with it, whirring down your progress so you can feel good about your accomplishments and good luck!!
Stick to fruits and veggies only. U can eat as much of it as you want and still lose weight. Fruits help with the sensation if feeling full. Try to wait at least 2 and half hours after eating fruit to eat veggies or else you'll have gas. Good luck!
What is really important when you are trying to lose a ton of weight is everything in moderation and also a clean diet. Use this rule of thumb if it doesn't occur in nature it isn't meant to be eaten. This means that you can eat whole grains, meat, fruits, and vegetables. There are plenty of things you can do with that. Stay away from processed foods and trans fat. Drink only water as your main drink. You should have about 6-8 (16 oz.) cups a day. As far as excessive calories counting be careful about becoming too obsessed. Calories are important but you need to make sure you calories are full of good and nutritious values, they should not be empty. That means they are natural and good foods. Do not eat too little a day! 294 calories is way too little. Keep to around 1000-1200. Remember what is really important is what you are putting into your body. Also exercise never hurts, even if it is just walking around for 30 minutes or doing stairs inside your house. Everything and anything helps! Keep with it! I know you will do it, you seem very determined.