Healthy Cooking Community
Snack Craveings

The Healthy Cooking community is for exchanging tips and recipes related to Healthy Cooking.

Snack Craveings

Can anyone help me with some suggestions.  I snack all the time and I do not know how to stop.  I snack with every emotion that I have it is really bothersome.  I need some helpful tips on what to eat the fill me up and that is healthy.  Also tips on what foods are helpful when trying to lose weight.  
I also am a snacker , I keep apples, and salad stuff in the house ,my problem is the dh likes unhealthy fattening snacks and drives me daft by having them in ...like chips/dips  candy bars ,so its a tough one ...I try to make up a bowl of salad with a nice low cal dressing .and I eat that when I get a craving..but I am not doing too well ....lol
     OK...so try chewing gum.  Keep yourself super occupied with positive, active activities, so you are not thinking about food.  Also, get zero sugar/calories flavorings to add to your water; you may just be dehydrated.  Drink lots of water to fill your stomach!  Always keep a bottle on hand, so you do not get bored and start eating something.  
     Carrots are a really good snack (put them in a cup of water in the fridge for a crunchy delight), steamed broccoli, pretzels (low in calories).  Avoid foods that have high good nutritional content in one area, but high values in bad nutritional areas.  Try lean chicken breast instead of peanut butter, this gets you the protein without the fat.  Eat a grapefruit with honey, instead of a candy bar.  Eat oatmeal with cinnamon and raisins or banana slices, instead of high sugar dried fruit or cereal.  Incorporate non-fat milk into a smoothie with frozen strawberries and banana with low-fat yogurt, instead of ice cream.  Try salmon or tilapia with asparagus or tomatoes, instead of fried fish with carbo-loaded fries.  
    Controlling your weight has to do with how much you eat, and what you eat.  So, eat less.  In fact, eat only until you are almost full to lose weight, and eat till you are full to maintain your target weight.  
Once you manage how much you eat, you will feel great, look great, and accomplish great things.
GOOD LUCK!  Don't give up.
I recently got onto dried fruit.  Like dried pineapple which is tasty like candy but not candy.  Dried mango is really good too.  Sometimes when I'm not in the mood for cold things like fresh fruit, these items taste good.  If you like salty and sweet, eat a few nuts with them.  Nuts are healthy.  While they have fat in them, it is the good kind of fat.  Okay, I recentely got onto beef jerky too.  I like b bque flavor.  My son doesn't love meat so we work on protein so we got it for him.  It's low fat and high in protein.  

good luck.  I am a snack person too and I just try to do healthy snacks to stay satisfied but not gain weight.  
lol it was MoJo who asked the question .....I wont give up tis not in my nature ..