Healthy Cooking Community
What's the best thing you ever ate made with lemons?

The Healthy Cooking community is for exchanging tips and recipes related to Healthy Cooking.

I absolutely love Greek avgelemono soup - chicken, rice and lemon.  Need to look up a recipe and post as is pretty healthy too.
I make curries and I like to chop a little in for the flavor and I decorate with nuts, tomato, onion and lemon ...my mom made lemon meringue pies ..I dont have that recipe and I doubt they wre healthy ...her crusts were made form lard, and butter ....I was brought up with a ton of fat .....I like it, but I dont indulge ...
I never use lemons. Maybe I should try. Yes, look up a recipe TrudieC.
I love lemon!

I also love trader joe's lemon cookies - they are a thin butter cookie ( think sand tart type cookie ) with a good lemon flavoring.  I also recently bought a meyer's lemon salad dressing that has a delicious lemon taste to it that I am in love with too!

growing up my mom only ever used salt , pepper and season all when she cooked and not much else.  As I've learned to cook far more than just a piece of meat and some taters, I've been amazed at what squeezing a lemon or a lime on something will do for it. I also am amazed at what zesting a lemon can do for a recipe too.  it so adds to the taste :)

grace
Oh I love to cook with lemon! It's a toss up though between lemon crusted fish or bbq chicken breasts with lemon pepper butter.
oo lemon pepper chicken, or potatoe latke with fresh lemon squeezed onto a bed of mixed greens, and then u put the latke on top sprinkled with goats cheese, cut up fresh veggies and another squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of ground pepper and sea salt... mmmm *mouth waters*