Healthy Cooking Community
healthy eating
About This Community:

The Healthy Cooking community is for exchanging tips and recipes related to Healthy Cooking.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

healthy eating

I'm starting on my journey on weight loss. Where can I begin to start cooking healthy, tasty foods?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1417529476
res a good healthy recipe for dressings I have copied , Making your own homemade dressing is the best way to truly know what you are pouring on top of your veggies, and you don't have to be a master in the kitchen to whip up a batch of the simple and delicious Italian dressing recipe included here. Enjoy!

"Homemade Italian dressing"
Makes about three cups

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups extra virgin olive oil
1 cup raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
1 TBSP garlic granules (or 1/2 TBSP garlic powder)
1 TBSP dried oregano
1/4 cup raw honey
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS:

Whisk or shake together and enjoy. Store dressing in a sealed container. (Empty olive oil and vinegar bottles work great for storing salad dressings!)

Blank
I would suggest starting from your pantry, toss or donate everything you WILL no longer be eating.  Out of site out of mind…
Items like….
Boxed, bagged and canned foods should be for emergency days only.
Snacks, chips, cookies, sodas especially diet, etc.
“Fake, diet” sugars

Stock up with spices and basic ingredients that will allow you to prepare great, fresh and healthy meal.
Such as…
Olive oil, Sesame oil, avocado oil,
Vinegars: red wine, apple cider, coconut, rice, pomegranate molasses
Gluten Free soy sauce (Tamari) or Bragg’s Liquid aminos (GMO free and tastes like soy sauce but healthier )
Dried herbs, thyme, oregano, basil, etc. (buy spices in smaller containers to insure freshness)
Fresh herbs, sage, rosemary, thyme, basil, cilantro, garlic, ginger, onions

Of course few healthy snacks like nuts,(heads up, peanuts are not nuts) seeds, and fresh vegetables and low GI fruits like berries.

As for the cooking…
Start making your own soups, stocks, dressing and your own spice mixes, this way you know exactly what’s in them and make changes as you go. Tons of recipes on line, if looking for anything in particular just ask.

The following basic marinade works great with fish and chicken/poultry, I encourage you to add your own twist to it from time to time.
¼ C. Olive oil (extra V. is just fine), couple cloves of garlic, juice of 1 lemon, 1 bay leave, salt and pepper to taste. Mix all, taste, adjust seasoning to your liking and them add the meat being marinated.

Note: You could marinate foods anywhere from 15 minutes to few days. Refrigerated, of course. 

Change the flavors by blending “ethnic” flavors, such as cilantro, ginger, sesame oil and  soy from above, etc.    
Good luck,
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Healthy Cooking Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank