Healthy Cooking Community
looking for scallop recipes...
About This Community:

The Healthy Cooking community is for exchanging tips and recipes related to Healthy Cooking.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

looking for scallop recipes...

i'm really craving scallops!  i haven't had them in a while so i want some this weekend...  when we make them they are always delicious...  but we use always use a lot of butter and that's a major thing i'm trying to not to do as much!  (yummmm, butter!)  

anyways...  does anyone have any good recipes for scallops?  (not spicy ones, though!)
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
Do you have a plank?  I have a good Planked Scallops recipe.
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
Crispy Scallops with Soy Dipping sauce  (from 3fatchicks d o t com)

ingredients

1 1/4 lbs. sea scallops, sliced in half horizontally and patted dry
1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
2 tsp. sesame seeds
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 large egg white
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
1 tsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
Dipping Sauce:
2 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. chopped scallions
1 tsp. honey

recipe directions
Preheat oven to 450*F. Lightly oil a wire rack large enough to hold scallops in a single layer over a baking sheet and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together egg white, vegetable oil, sesame oil and soy sauce until creamy. In a shallow dish, stir together bread crumbs, sesame seeds and ginger. Add the scallops to the egg white mixture, tossing to coat well. Coat each scallop with the bread crumb mixture and place on prepared rack. Bake for 10 minutes or until outsides are golden and centers are opaque. Prepare dippins sauce by combining ingredients and serve along side of the scallops.

Serves: 4 - Nutrition Information Per Serving
calories-289 total fat-10gm  protein-32gm fiber-1 sodium-755 (mg) carbs-17gm ww pts-6

Blank
250155_tn?1366738732
don't laugh at me...  but i don't even know what a plank is!!!  :)  
Blank
250155_tn?1366738732
oooh, that recipe sounds really good!  thank you, peek!  every time we cook them, we do it the same way...  broiled w/ garlic and lime.  they're really good that way, but we need to step out of the box!  :)  dh will like this one!
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
Its a wooden plank that is great for cooking fish or seafood on the grill!  You have to soak it for a few hours prior to using it, though...or you'll have a huge fire on your grill!

Cedar planks add a smoky flavor to your seafood.  
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
Planked Scallops with Blueberry Tarragon Sauce

Ingredients:

1 cedar plank
16 large scallops
2 T soy sauce (low sodium if you want)
2 T honey or pure maple syrup
1 T olive oil

Sauce:

2 large shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup FF chicken or vegetable broth
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 tsp cornstarch
1 T water
2 T chopped fresh Tarragon

#1.  Submerge plank in water for at least 3 hours. (it helps to pile cans on top to weigh it down).
Toss scallops with soy sauce, honey, and oil. When ready to cook, heat one side of the barbeque to high and the other to medium (if you have charcoal, do your best to arrange the coals so that one side is hot and the other medium).  
Place the plank on the medium-heat side (without the scallops!) and close the lid.  Heat for 5 minutes--this will release the aromatic steam.
Place scallops on the now hot plank and cook until firm to the touch, about 10 minutes.

#2.  For the sauce, place shallots, garlic, and 1/2 cup broth in a small sacuepan.  Boil until almost all liquid is absorbed.  
Stir in the blueberries and remaining 1/2 cup broth.  
Reduce heat and simmer until berries start to break down.
In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch with water and stir into berry mixture.  Boil for 1 min, then remove from heat and stir in tarragon.

Dip scallops in berry sauce.

One serving consists of 4 scallops and 1/4 cup of sauce

Per serving:  cals--226 Fat--4gm  Carbs--28gm Fiber--2 gms  Protein--20 gms  Sodium--623mg
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Healthy Cooking Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank