Hysterectomy Community
4 Weeks Post-op and feeling fantastic...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Today I am 4 weeks post-op from my total hysterectomy.  I had a very rough 3 weeks after my surgery = got an infection in my lower abdomen anda raging UTI, plus really bad hemmaroids.  Emotionally I was a wreck due to having no ovaries all of the sudden, I creid a bunch and slipped into a major funky depression.  When I went to my dr. for a 3 week post-oplast week she quickly noted my depression (which is very unusal for me) and she wrote me a customized prescription for bio-dentical hormone therapy which I had filled by a compound pharmacy.  I am so happy to report that after 3 days on the coumpund BHRT Cream I felt the black cloud lift and I started to gain more energy, and my mood returned to normal.  I was also having hot flashes and the cream I use 2x's a day has stopped those too!  My husband is calling the BHRT Cream Liquid Gold :-)  It is a mixture of low levels of Estriol, Estradiol, Progesterone, Tesosterone & DHEA.  I feel fantastic, and have more energy than I have had in a very long time!  I am hoping the DHEA & Testosterone will also help boost my libido which was almost next to nothing the last few years.  We are monitoring the hormone levels closly and will adjust when needed in the future.  

I went back to work 1 week ago and I am easing back in slowly and doing great.  I teach martial arts and I feel so good I almost forget that I am not suppossed to be kicking.  I AM TAKING IT EASY, I know my linits...  The weirdest thing is the fact that I have lost 8 lbs since my surgery and I have not been exercisining at all. Two years ago when my body started to have issues with too much Estrogen I started to gain weight for the first time in my adult life.  No matter what I did to try and lose weight I could not.  The weight was around my lower tummy and hips, which I now know was due to the high levels of Estrogen and low levels of Progesterone.   I fully expected to gain weight post-op. so losing my extra weight that I had put on the last few years is a huge bonus!!!

Thanks for all of the support and awesome advice I got before and right after my surgery.  This site has been a huge blessing, and I am so happy to be on the other side of the hysterectomy journey :-)
Thank you for your words of possitive encouragement I am so very happy you got your hrt right, feels wonderful does'nt it..just takes some tweaking..You lost 8 lbs I am jealous !! JK , good to hear from you, all the best for good health !!