Hysterectomy Community
Can anyone tell me what to expect after the first year with no hormones...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can anyone tell me what to expect after the first year with no hormones at all

I am 54 years old and had a total redical hysterectomy in Sept 2010. My Dr has not said anything about hormones. I did pretty good for about 6 months and then I started to notice a lot of rage and anger. I take Trazadone to sleep so I get good sleep but I noticed that since about Nov, I am exhausted all of the time. I can sleep 12 or more hours a day. I lose my patience a lot and I say things that are really off the wall. My marriage is suffering really bad. I have no sexual desire whatsoever and I don't want to be touched or snuggled. I more or less want to be left alone. I take everything very personally. My appetite has decreased, I could stand to lose a little anyway. I get by if I spend most of my time alone. I don't want to go out to dinner any more and I keep my friends at bay. My husband doesn't know what to think. He says I say things in anger and he wonders if I even remember saying them.  The last year has been terrible for us. We used to work together, play together, just be together 24/7. Now we just don't want to be together at all. Do any wemon get over this without hormones? I have breast cancer heavy in my family and I had the op because of stage 9 uterine cancer. No one knew it was there because it grew from the inside out and there just were no signs of it before. I didn't have radiation or chemo after, and the 7 hour operation included biopsing everything in my body they could reach. But they tok all of the female parts. I don't get many hot flashes at all but boy I don't want to be around anyone. I prefer to totally be alone. About 1 day a week I just blow up and it isn't pretty. Has anyone gone through this?  Any suggestions