Hormone Treatment at 28?
Hi I am 28 yrs old and getting ready to go thru a hysterectomy. Romiving my uterus and both ovaries. The Dr told me that I will be taking hormones. I am wondering what this is what it does how it will effect me? Do I have to take hormones? are they injected? I want to take natural hormones do you know of a place or Dr that I can get the natural Hormones? Is this something I can just buy over the counter or does a Dr have to prescibe or give the treatment of? please help me I am very worried-Thank you
Probably the doc will prescribe estrogen by pill.  Please don't hesitate to discuss it with him.  You really don't want to go from having ovaries to not having ovaries, without at least a period of time on estrogen ... the hot flashes will smash you to pieces if you pull off your natural estrogen all at once like that.  Talk to the doc about bioidentical hormones, he or she should know about them.