Hysterectomy Community
Pain 3 years after Hysterectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain 3 years after Hysterectomy

I have had pain on my right side since 4 weeks after my hysterectomy.  They took everything except my left ovary.  MRI, CT, and blood work show everything is normal.  I have done physical therapy off and on for three years.  It gives some relief temporary but the pain always comes back.  When it is bad it effects my whole body on the right side, from my shoulder to my hip.   It has gotten worse the last few months.  My bladder has fallen.  So now wear a pessary.  The pessary helped with my right side pain when I first started wearing it.  If I don't wear the pessary, I go pee every 30 minutes to hour and half.   Now 4 months later.  I have to use muscle relaxer to control the spasm in my pelvic floor.  I am only 38 years olds. I would really just like to know the answer and the fix.  I gave birth to two large babies, which caused by need for the hysterectomy.  The pain gets in the way of my life with my husband and children.  I can’t keep going to PT once a week or twice a month for the rest of my life.  Any suggestions would be grateful.  
Hi,
The cause of persistent pain can be adhesions formed after surgery as your reports do not indicate any other abnormality. Kegel’s exercises may help with the bladder prolapse to some extent. If it does not then surgical repair of the bladder prolapse may be considered at a later date. Discuss with your Doctor.
Hope this helps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hysterectomy Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank