Hysterectomy Community
Pain below belly button and pelvic area.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

I posted this somewhere else on the forum as well, but thought I may have posted in the wrong section. So I am reposting. Not really sure how to delete this question in the other section. I hope this is the right place for this question.

Hi everyone. I am 29 and not sexually active and I have 0 children. Lately I have been getting these pains below my belly button and through my pelvic area that sometimes radiates to my hip and side areas. I had an ultrasound and I have a 2.6 cm cyst on my right ovary, and a polyp on my uterus. The pain I am having is not a sharp strong pain, just a constant one that kind of stings at times. I also feel a bit gassy sometimes and do feel pressure when going to the bathroom sometimes, but I do not know if those symptoms are related to the cyst and polyp or not, or if they can make my pelvis and belly button area hurt.
What I want to know is can cysts cause this kind of feeling? I know that it's most likely not the polyp. Could they have misdiagnosed the polyp? Could it be something else or is an ultrasound pretty accurate at detecting them? They took my blood and my white counts are good so I know it isn't anything like cancer. What else could it be? Has anyone else had these kinds of pains? I am going to speak with a surgeon this month about having a D&C done to reove the polyp. I am desperate for answers and some peace of mind. I do get frightened when I have the pains. I am afraid and sometimes that takes over and it is hard for me to control. Can anyone share their stories and experiences with me? I need a little hope and maybe it will help me calm down when I feel too much fear. Please help.
Thank you in advance, to anyone who answers.
Hi I understand your worry those symptoms could all be connected but I agree with your instinct * always trust your inner instinct) that you may have one or more thing going on and sometimes one condition can lead to another ...oh the joys of being a woman...

VERY UNLIKELY THEY MISDIAGNOSED opps sorry caps,,,the polyp......did they check you for umbelical hernia? paon sounds like the pain one gets with that.

Try ( I have been cl here for 2 yrs and been threw sooooo much with womens problems I get it ok?) anyways try to rest easy on the cancer fears...worry and excessive stress can cause coloitis, panic attacks and more .

Usually gallstones are pain in upper right (below right breast) that radiates to the back...but pain can be 'off": have you been checked for gallstones...also kidneystones?

dont give up till you find the proper diagnosis and treatment...You could also have endometriosis common ,,endo tissue can attach anwhere in pelvic area and cause pain.

I hope you get some answers and some of these possibilities ruled out.

C