Hysterectomy Community
Pain below belly button and pelvic area.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain below belly button and pelvic area.

I posted this somewhere else on the forum as well, but thought I may have posted in the wrong section. So I am reposting. Not really sure how to delete this question in the other section. I hope this is the right place for this question.

Hi everyone. I am 29 and not sexually active and I have 0 children. Lately I have been getting these pains below my belly button and through my pelvic area that sometimes radiates to my hip and side areas. I had an ultrasound and I have a 2.6 cm cyst on my right ovary, and a polyp on my uterus. The pain I am having is not a sharp strong pain, just a constant one that kind of stings at times. I also feel a bit gassy sometimes and do feel pressure when going to the bathroom sometimes, but I do not know if those symptoms are related to the cyst and polyp or not, or if they can make my pelvis and belly button area hurt.
What I want to know is can cysts cause this kind of feeling? I know that it's most likely not the polyp. Could they have misdiagnosed the polyp? Could it be something else or is an ultrasound pretty accurate at detecting them? They took my blood and my white counts are good so I know it isn't anything like cancer. What else could it be? Has anyone else had these kinds of pains? I am going to speak with a surgeon this month about having a D&C done to reove the polyp. I am desperate for answers and some peace of mind. I do get frightened when I have the pains. I am afraid and sometimes that takes over and it is hard for me to control. Can anyone share their stories and experiences with me? I need a little hope and maybe it will help me calm down when I feel too much fear. Please help.
Thank you in advance, to anyone who answers.