Hysterectomy Community
Pain meds post-op?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain meds post-op?

I am having a total hysterectomy this Friday and I am super sensitive to pain meds.  Every time I take anything with Codine in it I throw up.  My dr. order Dilotin (spelling???), for after my surgery when my hubby dropped of the rx yesterday my pharmacist called me and said that the drug prescribed has some codine in it and she told me to talk with my dr. about a different pain med.   I know that alot of them have some form of codine in them and I DO NOT want to et nausea and throwing up from pain meds again.

Is their anyone else out there who gets sick from pain meds?  I don't want to tough it out without pain meds, but i also don't want to throw up after surgery either.  After my lap 2 years ago I took some Percoset and ended up sicker than a dog until the pain meds left my blood stream...

I am going to email my dr. today and try to come up with a post op pain management plan that does not have codine in it....