Hysterectomy Community
Symptoms that it's time for hormone treatments...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

At the age of 12 while in surgery to remove my left ovary & fallopian tube (because of cysts) the doctor found out that I had a bicornuate uterus. My parents decided to have the doctor perform a metroplasty to remove the wall dividing the interior of the uterus. I was told the chances of having a child were slim to none yet at the age of 20 I had my son via csection at 8 months. Before & after the birth of my son my menstrual cycles were very painful. Long story short at the age of 23 I had a hysterectomy (30% of my right ovary is still in place). I am now 30 & all of these yrs I haven’t needed hormones but in the last 3 wks I have been gaining weight, I feel tired & worst of all I have horrible mood swings. Does anyone know if these are symptoms that I need a hormone treatment?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
You need to consult a Doctor for an evaluation. Your symptoms for the time being can be tackled with regular exercise, good healthy diet, and some amount of meditation and distressing. Also taking supplements of multi-vitamins will help.
Hope this helps.