Hysterectomy Community
What is a heterogeneous echotexture of ovary
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to hysterectomy, such as: abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy, LAVH, menopause, Oopherectomy, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, radical hysterectomy, subtotal hysterectomy, supracervical or partial hysterectomy, uterine fibroids, and vaginal hysterectomy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What is a heterogeneous echotexture of ovary

I am 38 years old and have 2 children. I have had mild pelvic pain and lower back pain for some time now.  I had appointment with GYN on August 31st and he ordered a Pelvic Ultrasound that I had completed the following day.  The US report showed a uterine fibroid and an "enlarged heterogeneous echotexture of left ovary, measuring 6.7 x 5.3 x 5.2 cm.  I was mid cycle at the time of the US and the GYN ordered another US to be done on 5th day of next menstrual cycle which I had completed on 9/16/2011.  It shows same results of uterus and "enlarged heterogeneous left ovary, measuring 7.2 x 5.3 x 6.4 cm.  I am concerned about this and would like to know what the next steps should be for this issue.  I have not spoke to my GYN yet, because he has been out of the office and will not be in until tomorrow.  I work in a hospital (Respiratory Therapy Director) and therefore I see the worst of what can happen so I am exceptionally uptight with worry about this.  Thanks for your input.