hormones after a hysterectomy
hiya everyone i had a total hysterectomy in feb 2011 physicaly i feel great no pain great recovery perfect all the way its just in the last 2 months i have started with mood swings one min i am fine nexted i feel angery then next i am in a fit of tears my stomach has really bloated out and i have suffered with migranes all my life but in the last 2 months it feels like everyday i have a headache and i am so forgetfull they left my overies in after the op so i would not suffer early menopause but starting to thing there is somethink up with my hormones or i am on the change could someone please let me know what they think and what question i should be asking my doctor about it thank you x
Your uterus produces hormones too. It'[s really good that you were able to keep your ovaries. Talk to your Gynecologist about your symptoms. He may want to check your hormones and if they're low, start you on hormone replacement therapy. You and your Dr will have to decide if this is something you want to do.