Lung Cancer Expert Forum
gerd and stomach problems
About This Forum:

Welcome to the International Lung Cancer forum. Questions related to lung cancer will be answered by a medical doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

gerd and stomach problems

My  chest xray is negative, liver is fine,and all my bloodwork is good.
My MD said that    esophageal erosion ,gerd,and  lacerations down the throat and in the stomach is why I'm  spitting blood out after I cough. The doctor who did the endoscopy said he saw no bleeding but sent the report of the above. I did not have any blood the day of the test.Have you ever heard of this and can this be what is causing my bleeding? I am not vomiting ,the blood comes after I cough for a while.  

Related Discussions
322973_tn?1239908038
Hi,
Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease or GERD is fairly common in western populations. It occurs as a result of stomach acid refluxing into the esophagus, causing erosion of the protective mucosal lining and exposing the underlying blood capillaries. It may cause some heartburn, and sometimes "hematemesis" or blood streaked vomit (but not blood in sputum).
All the best, and God Bless!
1 Comment
Blank
I have this same problem. I got a ph test done and another test done they found out that my flap is not closing and that's why I have such terrible acid along with blood. Getting surgery done soon to fix it
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
23 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank