Lyme Disease Community
Getting the PICC line

This forum is for questions and support regarding What Causes Lyme Disease, Diagnosing Lyme Disease, and Joint Pain. Topics for discussion also include Living with Lyme Disease, Babesia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Anaplasmosis, other Tick Borne Diseases, Nervous System issues, Prevention, Risk Factors, Skin Disorders, Symptoms and Treatments

Getting the PICC line

Waiting to find out when I'm going to the hospital for the PICC line (either today or tomorrow). 4 months on oral abx and I'm actually getting worse.

I have some questions/concerns that maybe you guys can help with:

My left arm/hand are my biggest problems regarding pain and weakness. I cringe to think they will put the PICC in my left arm, but if they put it in my right arm then I'll have no usable arms?

I'm getting really thrilled (NOT) about the no fat diet required with Rocephin treatment. In addition to my current gluten-free existence, this should be great. Please send me all your discarded cardboard because I think that will be my diet of choice for the next six weeks. ;)

How scared should I be about the PICC line insertion? I watched some videos and I'm getting a little freaked out. Now mind you, I had two babies with no drugs, so I'm not a wuss. On the other hand, I got a baby out of it.

Can you drive with the PICC line in? How wiped out do you get on the Rocephin? I have been pretty wiped out in general, and I'm assuming I won't be doing much over the next month.

Thanks guys
Marian
Not getting the line until Tuesday.

Just because I'm not having enough fun, my hot water heater burst tonight and is flooding my downstairs neighbors' condo...

Locusts, anyone?