Ovarian Cysts Community
Back pain that radiates to my hips, lower stomach, groin, and legs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I have history of buldging disc. Now I am having severe pain from my lower back that radiates to my hips where it is unbearable. The pain continues to my lower stomach and groin area down to my legs. I only have one ovary on the left and that is where it is very tender. At first I thought it was kidney stones, but it wasn't. It happened one day that lasted 24 hrs. It didn't return until one month later, and now it hurts everyday.  I had an MRI last week which showed possible annular tear, with degenerative L3,4 &5.  I cannot figure out what is going on.  My insurance runs out the end of October and I have to get this taken care of quickly.  Can anyone help me with a diagnosis. I no longer have my monthly cycle.  I had an ablation done in Dec.
I'm no doctor, but it sounds like you may possibly have endometriosis. I know that that type of radiating pain is a symptom of it. However, you say that you have only one ovary- when they removed the other they should've been able to tell whether or not you have that. Is it possible that you have a cyst? I don't think they can form without your cycle, though it may have been from before your procedure?
I'm not much help, sorry. The best thing to do would be to continue care under your doctor. Hopefully they'll be able to figure it out. :/ I wish you the best!