Ovarian Cysts Community
Help me with doctor translation!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Help me with doctor translation!

I have a very painful 8cmx5cm complex cyst on my left ovary. I found out I was pregnant 3 weeks ago and when I had an ultrasound they found the cyst. Last Thursday I miscarried and in the ER they did another full ultrasound and the OBs said I needed to talk to my OB about the cyst.

It's been very painful since the miscarriage and tender to the touch - pelvic exams are PAINFUL. Pain radiates up through my ribs and around my back and down my thighs.

So, I went to my OB and after gasping through an exam he told me I had a choice. If I wanted it removed now, he would make time within the next two weeks and find a hospital for me and get it out - he's booked through April, so that was nice. If I wanted to wait (this was the original plan) we would do another ultrasound at the end of Feb and it "might" go down then and the pain may go away. Or I might have to have surgery anyways.

I have a high pain tolerance after many knee and ankle problems that have resulted in chronic pain, I "could" last until end of Feb with the help of a prescribed narcotic now and again.

But, it makes me wonder - he said he'd get it out FAST if I chose, does that mean he wants to take it out? As he doesn't think it's life-threatening I understand him wanting to put the ball in my court. What would you do?
Tags: cyst ovarian pain surgery
I had a 6 cm complex cyst on my left ovary and was told it was up to me what I wanted to do also.   I initially wanted it out because of the pain it caused but then the pain would go away for a week or two.I did do the waiting game and it did shrink every month (checked by vaginal ultrasound done at my gyn's office).  Just letting you know.  Not telling you what to do but I thought I would rather see what happened before going under the knife.