Ovarian Cysts Community
can a ovary cyst hurt my baby?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

can a ovary cyst hurt my baby?

I am 9 weeks pregnent i have a ovary cyst on my left side about the size of plum i was told by the docter that it had blood inside the cyst. I was pregnent before but then i had a tubal pregnancy because of this cyst then i had to have a surgery and they tuck out the tube out, and the cyst never went away i was at the ER two days ago had bleeding and pain the baby was fine but the doc said that the cyst was giving me pain and gave me some pain killers for now am i going to need a c section is the cyst going to cause any trouble to me or the baby during labor?
I am no expert on this and did some of my own research just to provide you an answer.

This will probably be more trouble for you in terms of pain than for the baby.  Since you will have regular checkups for the pregnancy, the cyst will be monitored as well. It sounds like a fluid filled cyst, so you probably have a good chance of a normal delivery.  Discuss the options with your doctor.  If you opt for a c-section, the doctor may be able to remove the cyst at that time, if it is still present and bothering you close to your delivery date.  Who knows, the fact that you are pregnant may aid in causing this cyst to go away on its own.  Or not.  These cysts seem to have a mind of their own.

The big concerns with cysts are ruptures (pain, but not an emergency, although infection is possible) and twisting of the ovary/tube (pain worse than labor and an emergency that could require surgery).  You may be just fine throughout the entire pregnancy, but if surgery is necessary, they will want to wait until the second trimester or later.