Ovarian Cysts Community
pain 6 Months after cystectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

pain 6 Months after cystectomy

On March 25th I went to the ER due to severe pain in my abdomen. After I got into the back of the ER there was severe internal bleeding. I lost 1.5 liters or blood. They could not tell what was bleeding so the took me into surgery with a GYN and another type of doctor I ended up  having a hemorrhagic ovarian cyst. The doctor saved my ovary and tube. It has been 6 months and I got my physical for school thursday. He asked me about the surgery and told me that I need to see my GYN. Basically since the surgery I have had painful menstruation. It is like an entire band of tension and pain around my belly button, my periods have gotten heavier and it hurts somewhat to have sex. I am nervous because I am only 18 and I am scared because of adhesions, endometriosis, infertility, and the scar tissue on my left ovary (it was pretty much spilt in half). I cant schedule an appt till October. So i was just wondering what this could mean for those who have been through this before? Any help is greatly appreciated :)!