Ovarian Cysts Community
pregnant with ovarian cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

pregnant with ovarian cyst

Im 6 weeks pregnant and experiencing pain on my right side. Er said I have a 4cm cyst on my 5cm right ovary. I had a cyst rupture 13 years ago and the pain was unbearable. Is this cyst going to cause pain throughout my pregnancy? Is it harmful to my pregnancy? What causes this to happen? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just went to Er and am on bed rest for bleeding and I can't sit here not knowing if this plays a part
I would certainly talk to your ob-gyn about the cysts if they are causing you pain. This would be best to do while still early in the pregnancy so that a plan can be made.  Some cysts will go away but some will stay. Watching would be the only way to do that. As for the pain, it can come and go but once again watching would be the only way to see about the size and if they do go away. Cysts should have no major affect on pregnancy but it wouldn't hurt to get them checked out. I would call your ob-gyn about the bleeding tomorrow or monday but no later. This is to just make sure that there are no complications with the pregnancy. There can be spotting through out pregnancy which should really not be a concern. For the rest of the weekend though, I would stick with the bed rest. I would also do this until you get to see your ob-gyn for an appointment.
I hope all goes well!