No heartbeat at 8 weeks, is this definitely a miscarriage?

by mbemom1, 24 minutes ago
I have been on such a roller coaster, I need some sound advice.  I took a pregnancy test on March 23rd which came up positive.  Date of last menstrual period was definitely Feburary 22nd.  Because of a history of ectopic pregnancy, I have had multiple ultrasounds since then.  On April 8th, which would place me at 6 weeks, 4 days, my doctor saw no baby or heartbeat and said I needed to terminate.  At that point, hormone levels were 66000.  I was sent to the hospital and was given another ultrasound which DID find a heartbeat, although it was only 92 beats per minute.  The ER docs said that it could be normal and said to follow up with my doctor.  I did not have confidence in my doctor and decided to go back to another doctor's office I had left a few years before only because I moved out of the immediate area.

A few days before the appt at the second doctor's office, the first called me and said he had seen the files from the hospital and still thought I would need to terminate, even though they had determined no danger of ectopic.  April 21st, yesterday, I went to the second doctor and she said the embryo was at 6 weeks and 1 day development but saw no heartbeat.  She recommended taking more blood tests to determine what my levels are doing. She thought the likelihood of miscarriage was high.

Today, I got the results of the blood hormone levels, 96000.  The doctor who called, another doctor from the second doctor's practice group, said that things looked fine and that I should get another ultrasound.  She must not have read the file but now I don't know what to think.  I have to wait until Monday to get the second  set of blood test results back and I am out of my mind.  Is there ANY possibility this is a viable pregnancy, is it possible it is viable but will be severely falformed or disabled, or is this a lost cause?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nicole
I don't think it's a m/c as I couldn't hear my sons hb at 11weeks either..I then pushed for an emergency u/s and no doubt I heard his hb'g!  It was a piece of mind I tell  you...