Pregnancy and Parenting: Multiples Community
lower abdominal pain at 16 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Pregnancy & Parenting Multiples.

lower abdominal pain at 16 weeks

i am 16weeks pregnant,since past one week i am having lower abdominal pain, no other symptoms with it. i consulted my obstetrician , she checked for fetal heart rate , it was normal, and initially prescribed me a urine alkalinizer, but even after 3 days the pain was same. i visited her again. she asked for my urine tests and routine blood tests. she did a USG, and told me my uterus is a little contracted , and placenta little bigger in size, but baby is doing fine, moving well and also the FHR is 156/min, liquor normal. the urine reports wil be available only after 3 days to see if there is any infection ( but i'm sure there is no infection , bcos i have no other symptoms of the same). she has prescribed me BUSCOPAN 10MG , and asked for bed rest and to drink plenty of fluids. i am a little worried, what does uterine contraction indicate? is it pre term labour? is it causing me pain?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Pain in the abdomen at 16 weeks of pregnancy may indicate a threatened abortion. Hence rest and treatment for suppressing the uterine contractions in the form of uterine relaxants needs to be taken. Urinary infection can also cause similar symptoms. Hence treatment of any infection will prevent further complications. Follow up with your gynaecologist.
Hope this helps.