Rare Diseases Community
Consisten low grade fever

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Consisten low grade fever

I was diagnosed with MS in 1985. I have started walking with a cane in 2000, for balance & coordination.  All my MRI tests show no change.  But 3 years ago, a persistant fever just flares out of nowhere and I get very weak and sleepy.  A fever and MS do not mix well and it makes it very difficult for me to function so I carry Tylenol with wherever I go.
I have had my annual blood test every year and every thing is normal.  I have recently had a CT scan of my sinuses which shows very little problem.  The fever ranges from 98.6-99.6.  My normal body temp is 98.1.  When it reaches 99, I get very weak and sleepy.  I live in central TX which is bad for allergies and since I'm not from here, it really bothers me.  I have had "cedar fever" and currently am experiencing an allergy attack from Ragweed which never bothered me before.  I take Zyrtek at night because it makes too sleepy to take in the morning.  
I moved to TX in 1993 but did not start experiencing this crazy fever till 2005.  I can feel really good for a week and then the fever just starts again and can last a couple days and be gone for another week or few weeks.  I have discussed this with my family physician who told me the clincal definition of a fever is over 99.6 consistently.  I have discussed this with the neurologist and he has not told me that it has any thing to do with the MS.  
I needed a root canal over 2 yrs ago but didn't have it done, reasons are not needed for this, but I assumed all this time I've been fighting this fever, I thought it was the absess (abscess).  The root canal has finally been done in June and I was on an antiotic for the absess (abscess).  The absess (abscess) is long gone, I have a clean bill of health from the Endidontis and she knows this nagging fever is not the tooth.  
I cannot think of anything else and need an answer.  I felt so good from taking the antibiotic in June that I got around better than I had in 3 years but my physician refused to give me one recently because it's "normal" to run a low grade fever.  If this is so normal, why do I see all these postings about it and why can't somebody give us an answer.  I really need an answer and not another wild goose chase.  Please tell me what I need to do.  Thank you! Chris