Aa
A
A
Close
Consisten low grade fever
I was diagnosed with MS in 1985. I have started walking with a cane in 2000, for balance & coordination.  All my MRI tests show no change.  But 3 years ago, a persistant fever just flares out of nowhere and I get very weak and sleepy.  A fever and MS do not mix well and it makes it very difficult for me to function so I carry Tylenol with wherever I go.
I have had my annual blood test every year and every thing is normal.  I have recently had a CT scan of my sinuses which shows very little problem.  The fever ranges from 98.6-99.6.  My normal body temp is 98.1.  When it reaches 99, I get very weak and sleepy.  I live in central TX which is bad for allergies and since I'm not from here, it really bothers me.  I have had "cedar fever" and currently am experiencing an allergy attack from Ragweed which never bothered me before.  I take Zyrtek at night because it makes too sleepy to take in the morning.  
I moved to TX in 1993 but did not start experiencing this crazy fever till 2005.  I can feel really good for a week and then the fever just starts again and can last a couple days and be gone for another week or few weeks.  I have discussed this with my family physician who told me the clincal definition of a fever is over 99.6 consistently.  I have discussed this with the neurologist and he has not told me that it has any thing to do with the MS.  
I needed a root canal over 2 yrs ago but didn't have it done, reasons are not needed for this, but I assumed all this time I've been fighting this fever, I thought it was the absess.  The root canal has finally been done in June and I was on an antiotic for the absess.  The absess is long gone, I have a clean bill of health from the Endidontis and she knows this nagging fever is not the tooth.  
I cannot think of anything else and need an answer.  I felt so good from taking the antibiotic in June that I got around better than I had in 3 years but my physician refused to give me one recently because it's "normal" to run a low grade fever.  If this is so normal, why do I see all these postings about it and why can't somebody give us an answer.  I really need an answer and not another wild goose chase.  Please tell me what I need to do.  Thank you! Chris
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Rare Diseases Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank