Rare Diseases Community
Could These Symptoms Be Due To A Rare Disease

This patient support community is for discussions relating to rare diseases and disorders. Some example include: Aarskog syndrome, Acoustic Neuroma, Angelman Syndrome, Behcet Syndrome, Bell’s Palsy, Canavan Disease, Carbon Baby Syndrome, Charcot Marie Tooth Disease, Chromosome Monosomy Disorders, Chromosome Trisomy Disorders, Devic's Disease, Dystonia, Ewing’s Sarcoma, Fragile X Syndrome, Immune Thrombocytopenia, Kawasaki Syndrome,Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mastocytosis, McCune Albright syndrome, Pachygyria, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Reiter’s Syndrome, Sickle cell anemia, Sturge-Weber syndrome, Trisomy Disorders, Usher Syndrome, Xanthinuria, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.

Hi I'm 23 years old, last night when I fell asleep i recall a sudden vivid dream and than i woke up quickly to my entire body feeling like all my nerves were tensing up in this tight/hot/tingling state, it lasted about 4 seconds than stopped. Now this is the first time this has happened, and I'm concerned. I have not been sleeping well and i may have slept 3 hours in the past 48. I think that this is related, Ive read similar posts where someone replied and said that the body releases corticosteroids and stress chemicals during times of high stress on the body.

Other symptoms Ive been experiencing, unsure if related are, occasional twitching at night. I Yawn and sneeze more than average. I some times wake up to a breathless feeling, like i couldn't take that breath. I will frequently wake up through the night, sometimes with this feeling in my head like the tense feeling you get when you yawn.

Another sensation I've been having for the past 3 months is this sudden almost jolt or hot/oozing feeling in my neck/throat area, it as all but stopped for the most recently, i though it to be pulpititions/arithmias but i went to the doctors for test and they told me my heart was beating normal.

I relay all these are due to lack of sleep but i need professional opinions, Please and Thank you.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present and what initial diagnostic tests were done? It is good that you were able to see your doctor and heart issues were ruled out. Your symptoms could indeed be due to physiologic issues associated with lack of sleep. It can also be due to neurological issues especially with the twitching and tingling sensations. If it persists or other symptoms arise, it is best that further evaluation be done for proper diagnosis. Take care and do keep us posted.