Sharp stabbing pain in front lower left abdomen
Sharp stabbing pain in the lower left abdomin. comes and goes. constant tenderness and minor pain. Xrays negative, lab work negative, cat scan negative. colonoscopy revealed two polyps. removed. Not cancerous,original pain returned. appears to be related to the type of food eaten. I can actually feel a lump in the area that everyone has ignored or could not detect. Could it be a kink in the small intestine? Should I have an MRI? Any other ideas?
How are you? What other symptoms are present? How long have you been feeling the pain and tenderness?  It is good that the initial diagnostic tests were negative.  However, if the symptoms persist, further evaluation may need to be done to determine the underlying cause. The kink in the intestines would be detected with the initial tests. The pain may also be due to referred pain from other organs or muscular issues.  A second opinion from another gastroenterologist may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.