In feb this year I started to feel like I had had the flu for a month, I had EXTREME fatigue. I was convinced I just was run down but I couldn't function.
* early march, it was the second day of my period and I was in unusually severe pain, severe nausea( my periods were much improved the last year or so). I visited my doc after passing a blood clot the size of a golf ball. My period was extremely heavy also. He gave me painkillers and told me to visit hospital if things got worse.
* the next night I had a chocolate coated ice-cream and literally as I was eating it all I could taste was metal. I had a friend try it and they said it was fine. 5 seconds later I started vomiting for about an hour non stop. I got severe pain in the same location on my left side and felt like it was the worst pain of my entire life. I was rushed to hospital and given morphine. They did blood tests and found a white cell count of 21. My kidney function was below 60 so they gave me antibiotics for a kidney infection.
* for a month after discharge my symptoms got increasingly worse. The antibiotics did not help. I got very high fevers over 38, my blood was measured at the doc to be 160 on top. My heart palpitations were extreme and I would wake up drenched in sweat with severe nausea, shaking badly and wanting to vomit.
* My gp tried 5 different antibiotics as they did not know what was making me sick, and a second blood test showed normal kidney function (week after visiting)around this time I I went back on the gluten in April as the only food I could tolerate was bread and fruit ice blocks. my fevers went away after a course of flagyl (5th antibiotic they tried) - keflex and amoxicillin did nothing.
* I also did an ultrasound of both the reproductive and general abdomen. They found a 'slightly contracted' gallbladder which was of no concern to my doc. They also found two 1cm cysts on my liver, a 1cm cyst on my left kidney.
* since then I've done multiple ct scans and ultrasounds with no findings. a ct in June showed the remnants of a small stone and I passed some stone crystals and blood in a urine test.
* I saw a gastro who gave me an endoscopy and colonoscopy and found only blastocystis a common parasite that doesn't usually cause such severe problems. I was treated with 5 weeks worth of antibiotics and the parasite tests came back negative. It has been more than 3months since my treatment and the nausea isn't gone.
* I've had many blood tests - all have been Normal (I've had at least 7) the only findings were slightly low iron (I've always been low), vitamin d of only 12 and low zinc levels. My thyroid results the last 4 tests have showed a tsh of 40, 35, 0.14, 30 and currently returned to 0.45 I have seen an endocrinologist who doesn't believe this is significant ESP. Since at the onset of my 'mystery illness' my thyroid results were all normal.
* heart ultrasound
* since this incident I have been extremely sick, here is a summary of my symptoms in order of occurrence, up to fatigue are my everyday symptoms, the rest come and go:
* severe consistent nausea - especially with bowel movements
* severe heart palpitations & flutter
* stabbing pain on left side and sore rib cage ( I can't sleep on it)
* chest pain
* neck pain
*sore throat for an entire year now
* constant urge to poo but will only do small amounts sometimes 5 times a day (narrow stools) other days I will do 5 normal amounts but with semi soft stools
* severe fatigue
* mood swings
* bouts of insomnia that come and go
* entire body aches
* always feeling hot
* fevers between 37.5 and 38 that come and go for 2 or 4 days and then go away.
* sore lymph glands
* sore breasts
* sensation of chest on fire with nausea
* 18 kilo weight loss
* breathlessness with exertion
* stomach cramps
At the moment my life is on hold, I can't work and although I'm being positive I'm getting increasingly more stressed because it seems like no one is willing to really take the time to listen to me. I believe that perhaps I have some underlying condition that's been responsible for all the health issues growing up and now. I'm fed up being sick and I just really want to be well, get off this roller coaster of illness and live a happy life.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.