Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Expert Forum
Considering of having a nose job.

Questions in the Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Forum are being answered by Paul S. Nassif, MD. Topics include: Anesthesia, Best candidates for Rhinoplasty, Considerations, Endonasal (inside nose) Rhinoplasty, External Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping, Pre-Operation, Post Operation, Recovery, Risks, Surgery

Considering of having a nose job.

I'm 16 years old. I really want a rhinoplasty, my nose s not too wide nor too long but the thing that is bugging me the most is that the tip of my nose hangs. And when I smile, it seems to hang more. I don't like my smile because of my nose. I have been telling my parents about a nose job and they seem to be supportive about it. I want the tip to stand up when i smile.And Maybe reduce the sides of my nose a little bit. I know this procedure is risky but we are some what aware. Another thing i wonder was if I had a rhinoplasty, i don't want my nose to hang again over time... so would that mean i would need a 2nd rhinoplasty?
I really want my nose to have a nice, and lifted profile. The question i'm asking is will i have the nose i want at the end?

When performed properly by a highly skilled rhinoplasty surgeon, rhinoplasty can yield excellent results and give you the nose you want in the end.  It is important to have good communication with your surgeon to ensure you are getting exactly what you want out of the surgery. It is possible to fix a drooping tip, and a good rhinoplasty surgeon will be able to provide enough support so that the tip will not droop over time, requiring a revision rhinoplasty.  Please feel free to ask me any additional questions regarding surgery, and send over any photos if you wish. I would be happy to evaluate them for you. My contact information is listed in my profile. Thank you and best of luck to you.

Dr. Nassif