Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Expert Forum
absolutely hate my nose and in the dark about all thi, can anyone pleas...

Questions in the Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs) Forum are being answered by Paul S. Nassif, MD. Topics include: Anesthesia, Best candidates for Rhinoplasty, Considerations, Endonasal (inside nose) Rhinoplasty, External Rhinoplasty, Nose Reshaping, Pre-Operation, Post Operation, Recovery, Risks, Surgery

absolutely hate my nose and in the dark about all thi, can anyone please give me some advice?
I have always hated my nose. My nose is kind of flat with a big ol den't right in the middle! so the tip is kind of like 2 parts sticking out a little with the middle indented. the dent is only a couple mm but it's quite obvious cuz its always in shadow. anyways.. i really hate it. i am 21 years old and have hated it all my life, to the point i can't even look in a mirror at myself without  feeling downright horrible. i never thought i would do anything about it but now that im older i think, it might totally be a good idea! i dream about how much better i would feel about myself if i wasnt so freaking self concsious about it.
i've heard that there is nonsurgical procedures they can do with injection and i'm wondering if that might be a good option, but i have no idea if that would work for me. i'm terrifed about screwing up my nose though and actual surgery doesnt sound appealing...

most importantly.. i havent yet talked to my mom about this but i want to. i feel i should do some research before i ask her about it so i know what i am thinking about getting myself into, but i dont really know where to start searching. how does one go about finding a good doctor for this type of thing? Also, anyone know how much it costs? im sure its not covered by insurance.

i would really really really appreciate any help! thank you!
Hello Mozambique,

I would have to take a look at your photos to give you my opinion of what the best option would be for you.  I do not believe in the non-surgical procedures. They may cause scarring and destroy the nasal tissue.  If you would like, you can send any photos to Lisa, my patient care coordinator at ***@**** and I can evaluate them.  You can also contact Lisa to schedule a consultation.  Depending on your insurance, they usually cover any functional part of the procedure but cosmetic would be separate. A proper consultation would be the best thing for you. Thank you so much for your question, hope this helps.

Dr. Nassif