Last Ultrasound results. Please somebody tell me what this means,
This is what the results says:
Total Thyroidectomy surgery
Right nodule suggestive of papillary cancer.
- The right lobe measures 3.5x1.3x1.1cm
- The left lobe measures 4.2x0.8x1.4cm
Isthmus measures 2mm
- There is 1.0x0.9x0.7cm lobulated hypoechoic nodule in the anterior right mid pole, with punctate calcifications and vascularity.
- Remainder of the thyroid gland is homogeneous with no other focal lesion detected.
- There is a 7mm lymph node with a fatty hilum in the right parotid gland
- Remainder of the parotid and submandibular glands appear normal.
- There is a a right Level 2 lymph node with normal fatty hilum measuring 16x15x7mm.
- There is a tiny left Level 5a lymph node without fatty hilum measuring 6x5x2mm.
- There is a physiologic appearing left Level 1b lymph node with a fatty hilum measuring 11x7x5mm.
- There is a similar left Level 2 lymph node with a fatty hilum measuring 14x9x7mm.
- There is a small homogeneous left Level 2 lymph node meassuring 9x9x5mm.
Hilum is the point of the node where vessels enter. Homogenous means uniform appearing. The imaging study cannot determine the benign/ malignant nature of the node or the nodule, which has to be confirmed with an FNAC. The FNAC in your case describe a papillary carcinoma. While the biopsy report of the node is not available, papillary carcinomas usually involve lymphnodes and involvement should be suspected. It would be best to discuss the situation and the appropriate management plan with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.