lump sensation in thyroid area..
Hi everyone.

Well its been about a year since this problem I am going to ask about occured.  About a year ago I started to get a sensation in my thyroid area of the right side. Went to a doctor for it and felt the area and said he didnt feel anything unusual. So I let it go. I used to be a huge hypochodriac and at this time last year I was freaking out about it.  Every once in a while since then I get the same sensation but it seems to only come along when I'm actually thinking about it. I notice I dont feel it all the time especially when I'm not thinking about it, if that makes sense. Back when I first noticed the sensation I didn't feel anything either. I also read that most cancerous nodules aren't easy to find. But I still dont feel any lumps in that area, it's still the random sensation. So could this be something serious, or is it just my mind thinking to much of it? And also would I have noticed some type a change within a whole year passing?
I would go to an ENT and ask for a neck ultrasound.  That will tell you if there is a lump.  Most are benign but if suspicious the next step after that is biopsy.
Thnks for replying.
I would love to get a neck ultrasound but insurance is a problem right now. And i have been to a regular doctor for this feeling a year ago and he kind of said in so many words that it wasnt nessasary since he didnt feel anything and since I didn't have any symptoms. I'm wondering if since nothing has changed from a year ago, am I somewhat in the clear as far as a life threatening thing? Also I have read up on this sensation I keep feeling and nothing is directly saying its a thyroid issue. Does anyone know if this is good or bad?