Can you have hyperthyroidism with hypothyroidism symptoms?
I really could use your advise.I have had an ultasound done and there are 2 cysts on left side of my thyroid and 2 cysts and a mass on the right side. My TSH levels are .006, but I have gained 60 pounds in 7 months without any changes in my diet. Even when trying to loose weight I can't. I recently had a biopsy done and there is no cancer cells, which thrilled me. About 3 years ago they put me on thyroid meds for over active thyroid and they made me feel awful so after they uped the meds 4 times and I continued to feel worse so I quite the meds. Now I have all the symptoms of underactive thyroid but the doctors say I have overactive thyroid. When I had the biopsy done they drew off 25cc of fluid. Do you have any ideas?
Only way to find out is to have a blood test. These are the antibody test for both graves and hasi. If you have all three antibodies and swing back and forth between hypo and hyper, you are considered to have hashitoxicosis. You can also gain weight with graves/hyper, it's just not as common, and it usually is a result of increased appetite.

TPO
TSI
Antithyroglubin