Hives and Thyroid
You can add me to the list.  Feb 2012, diagnosed with hypothyroidism, and its been downhill ever since.   First allergic reaction was constant cough and asthma attacks.  It lasted a couple of weeks and disappeared.   Shortly after, it was hives, mostly on my chest, neck, and ear.   Got off synthroid and went on Armour - no change.   Went to a dermatologist who sent me to an allergist.  He took blood tests, which showed nothing; and now I'm on antihistimines.  Still have hives.   From the list of comments, no one has a cure or a suggestion on how to even find one.   Am I wrong?
There can be multiple possible causes for hives.  Since you were diagnosed as hypothyroid, I thought of a couple of possibilities related to that diagnosis.  The first one was the med itself, but you already checked that one.  The other one is that we have had some members in the past that reported having hives apparently related to the thyroid antibodies associated with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.  When you were diagnosed, were you tested for the thyroid antibodies?  Those tests are TPO ab and TG ab.