Hypothyroidism & Pregnancy
Dear Expert,

I was first diagnosed with hypothyrodism when I was 20 yrs old. I have been on Levothyroxine since then ( now 27) and my TSH remained fairly regular with few side effects for the last 7 years.  I am now 12 weeks pregnant and since the start of my pregnancy my TSH dramatically kept going up, at one point it reached 24. It went downt to 6, and now is in hyper range at .25. My Endo has been changing my dose about every three weeks. She does not think I need to be concerned with health of baby since my T3 and T4 have stayed in the normal range throughout the course of my pregnancy. Do you agree with this?
Also, I just realized that my pharmacy is not consistent with the manufacturer they use for my Levothyroxine, could this be part of the problem with my wild TSH? Thankyou so much just want a second opinion.
You should get on the real Synthroid or Levoxyl.  Your pharmacist is right.  Generics are not consistent with the fillers in their meds and from what I have learned, this can be a big problem.  I don't think your baby is in danger as there have been lots of babies born to women with the same problem.  Pregnancy complicates the  hormones and therefore your thyroid, too.  Get on the real thing and stick with it. That is my suggestion. Good luck.