Male Hypothyroidism and Libido
Within the last year I have been diagnosed with Hashimotos disease with a TSH level ranging from 18 at diagnosis up to 50. I have had symtoms such as extreme fatigue, dry skin, thin hair, memory loss etc for a few years but I was attributing them to age not thinking that anything was wrong with me. I am still working with doctors to find the right dosage and I take 160mcg right now. I am in my late 20's which isn't young or old by any stretch but my wife and I have noticed that my libido is very poor and has decreased even more since the beginning of treatment and its causing issues in the marriage.

I started on the synthetic hormone and now switched to Synthroid.

My question is, have men here experienced this as one of their symptoms and if so did you return to normal once your thyroid was regulated?

Any help or advise on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not a guy, but I do know that low libido is a symptom of hypo, and it should improve as your FT3 and FT4 levels do.

Do you have recent test results to post?  If so, please do with reference ranges (they vary lab to lab).  We'll help you interpret them.

Do you know if you have Hashi's?

Synthroid is a synthetic, but it's a brand name rather than a generic.