Natural Progesterone treatment vs Thyroxine treatment.
I've had a papillary carcinoma of the isthmus, a total thyroidectomy was performed 2 years ago, my thymus and 1 parathyroid also removed. I've since been dependant on thyroxine 5 days 150 mcg + 2 days 100 mcg.
Feeling lousy, a nutritional doctor I saw suggested after blood/saliva samples - natural progesterone treatment in the form of a 'troche', he also suggested I halve my T4 treatment and take Armour to provide T3. I sent an email to my specialist who was NOT HAPPY and strongly suggested I do not alter my thyroxine. I really need to feel better and I was thinking of perhaps just using the 'troche' to balance my estrogen dominance( I am 48yrs ) The troche also contains in small doses DHEA + pregnonelone. Can this treatment have an effect on my condition as my progesterone levels equalise??  I keep up regular screening of my thyroxine levels.

Thank you I appreciate any information.

This discussion is related to Can natural progesterone in grapeseed oil possibly cause goiter & nodules?.
I am not sure as most on the board probably don't have exp. in this arena.  I can fully understand wanting to try something new yet be ok with your doctor and I am like that too which,actually, is a good thing.  You may want to scout around out there for a 2nd opinion Endo who agrees with this idea?  In the meantime you can try to post on Dr.Lupo's forum .. he may have some good advice for you:  

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/120

Cheryl