Thyroid Disorders Community
Results post right thyroidectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Results post right thyroidectomy

I had a right thyroidectomy on Dec. 3rd and still have not received a biopsy report.  I was told that a frozen section would be done and it was not.  The doctor felt it looked clean and didn't need to be done.  I have read that a frozen sections is not always accurate.  But I am still concermed!  Is this a normal procedure?
I also have complained to the ENT that for 2 months that I have had a cough and rough voice and not once has he even wanted to check my throat.  Not, that I like something down my throat but here again I am concerned.
I am on my 4th round of antibitics and now using Asmanex inhaler and Spiriva.  The ENT wants me to go to a Pulmonalgist for Bronchial spasms.
Am I just being very anxious about this whole matter?  I just need some reassurance and I don't feel I am getting that from my ENT.
San Diego
It wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion. So was any type of biopsy done? If so I would be on the phone and calling every day.