Thyroid Disorders Community
What to expect with an endocrinologist
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What to expect with an endocrinologist

Ok, so after they read my ultrasound, they found nodules (not sure how many or sizes) and they found my thyroid was enlarged (duh I could have told them that! I can totally see and feel it!) My GP sent the results to the endocrinologist that I am scheduled to see on September 14th (for the first time).  He looked them over today and determined that I didn't need to see him any sooner than originally planned-which is a good thing. I am glad that this is starting to get resolved, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. It put a damper on my whole summer! I know I have to be patient but its frustrating. My questions are:

What are some general ideas what my Endo might do? like any tests, exams etc?
Anything I should to to prepare? like list of questions, mood, symptoms etc?

One more question: Is it normal to be frustrated because its taking so long to get resolved? This whole thing, while only happening for a few months now, seems like an endless ordeal. I feel bad for people who have suffered/struggeld for years and/or people who are sicker than I am :(