Thyroid Disorders Community
hypopituitary - labs normal, symptoms of hyperthyroid and hyperadrenal
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hypopituitary - labs normal, symptoms of hyperthyroid and hyperadrenal

I was diagnosed with secondary hypoadrenalism (ATCH deficiency, adrenals shut down with stim test), secondary hypothyroidism, and secondary hypogonadism in adulthood. Going back through my medical history, I was showing symptoms since birth (I was a breech birth), but wasn't diagnosed until I started getting *really* sick after the GH drop at 25.

My labs as of 3 weeks ago show that I've got _normal_ levels with my current prescriptions (prednisone, fludrocortisone, levothyroxine, cytomel and avaine), but I'm showing all the symptoms of /hyper/adrenalism and /hyper/thyroidism, my chief complaint being extreme lethargy (bedridden), hypertension and tachycardia.

Backache
Central obesity with protruding abdomen and thin extremities
Headache
Moon face (round, red, and full)
Purple marks called striations on the skin of the abdomen, thighs, and breasts
Thin skin with easy bruising
Weakness
Weight gain (unintentional)
Bone pain or tenderness
Fatigue
High blood pressure
Muscle atrophy
Skin blushing or flushing
Increased appetite
Nervousness
Restlessness
Heat intolerance (I keep my house around 50*F)
Increased sweating
Frequent bowel movements
Sleeping difficulty
Clammy skin
Bounding pulse
Nausea and vomiting (prescribed phenergan)
Itching - overall
Heartbeat sensations
Hand tremor
Diarrhea
Tachycardia

I can't go off my meds, but I'm miserable on them. My theory is that since I developed without certain hormones, my body isn't used to them... that I might actually be better off on GH, say, at the levels of a 20-yr-old, than on cortisol and T4/3 replacement hormones.

But finding any information on someone with hypopituitary from birth, but only diagnosed and treated as an adult is nigh-impossible.

Please advise!