Thyroid Disorders Community
hypothyroidism and it's relation to thickening of the uterine lini...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

hypothyroidism and it's relation to thickening of the uterine lining

Approximately 6-7 months ago, I was diagnosed with hypothryoidism. My periods have always been regular all of my life and nothing has changed in that respect. When diagnosed, my dr placed me on Armour Thryoid and since then have not felt the same, a couple of months ago I started experiencing heartburn and a faint feeling along with nausea. The dr sent me for a blood test which came out well and she stated that I was still ovulating and no signs of being menopausal. Last week I went to my gyn for a consult regarding the safety factors of becoming pregnant at the age of 49. She had an ultrasound and an trans vaginal ultrasound performed and later called to refer me to a fertility specialist and gyn surgeon for evaluation as she stated the tests showed a number of thing going on with my uterus such as thickening of the lining and small fibroids. She also stated that the ultra sound showed that I was not producing/ovulating eggs. How could my blood test two months earlier show that I was ovulating and as a woman I can feel when I am ovulating every month and feel that I am as we speak which I am at mid cycle. Can any of this be related to the the hypothyroidism?