Urologic Cancers Expert Forum
Former TC Patient With Post Vasectomy Mass :-<
About This Forum:

This forum is for quesitons about: Abdominal Pain, Anemia, Back Pain (lower back), Biopsy, Bone Scan, Bladder Cancer, Blood in Urine, Bone Pain or Tenderness, Colon Cancer, Cystoscopy, Ejaculation Pain, Genetic or Other Markers, Incontinence, IVP, Kidney Cancer, MRI of Abdomen, Penis Cancer, Radiation Therapy, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Renal Scan, Robotic Surgery, Testicular Cancer, Ultrasound, Ureter Cancer, Urinalysis, Urinary Difficulties.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Former TC Patient With Post Vasectomy Mass :-&lt;

Please tell me this probably isn't cancer.  

My 38-year-old husband had stage 1, seminoma testicular cancer three years ago (Diagnosed November, 2003).  He had his right testicle removed, then had two rounds of chemotherapy (carboplatin was the name of the drug used, I believe).  He has had 4 or 5 CT scans, and numerous blood workups since then, and all of them have come back negative for any signs of cancer.  

In spite of the removal of his testicle, we were able to have a second child in March of this year.  We have decided we are through with having kids, so he had a vasectomy on his remaining testicle on the 11th of November this year.  After the normal swelling/bruising went away, he noticed a hard mass/lump behind his testicle.  It hasn't seemed to grow or change since he first noticed it, but it is enough to freak us out a bit.  It feels like it is not attached to the testicle at all. In fact, it seems to be completely removed from it.  My husband regularly checks his testicle and never felt anything unusual

He contacted his GP, and she referred him to get a ultrasound done.  During the ultrasound, the technician said some things that made us even more fearful (such as "How did you figure out you had cancer the first time?"...).  We are waiting for results.

Please tell me that this isn't likely to be cancer, and that it is more likely that it is a complication due to the vasectomy itself.  

Thanks for your help!