Urologic Cancers Expert Forum
Lump on top of testicle/ already had ultrasound

This forum is for quesitons about: Abdominal Pain, Anemia, Back Pain (lower back), Biopsy, Bone Scan, Bladder Cancer, Blood in Urine, Bone Pain or Tenderness, Colon Cancer, Cystoscopy, Ejaculation Pain, Genetic or Other Markers, Incontinence, IVP, Kidney Cancer, MRI of Abdomen, Penis Cancer, Radiation Therapy, Renal Pelvis Cancer, Renal Scan, Robotic Surgery, Testicular Cancer, Ultrasound, Ureter Cancer, Urinalysis, Urinary Difficulties.

About five years ago I encountered a small pea sized hard lump on the top of my right testicle. I went to the doctor and he sent me to get an ultrasound. I got the ultrasound and they said every thing was okay. Just recently I woke up with a pain under my scrotum on the side of the lump. I don't know if I am jumping to conclusions, but I seem to be convinced that somehow it is cancer. A couple of questions:

Is it possible that the ultrasound technician overlooked for the lump, or maybe didn't notice it? They didn't mention anything to me about it being a cyst.

Also, if they did look at it correctly, is it possible that the lump has now become cancerous? If so, is there a certain amount of time so often, i should get it looked at?

Are this small cysts, or lumps common?

I don't think the lump has changed significantly over time, other than the recent pain I felt in the morning. It has felt different, but I don't know if it is mental manifestations.

Please help. Thank You.
Joe

Thank you for your question. Testicular lumps can be one of several things:

1. spermatocele
2. hydrocele
3. cancer

It is important that you followup with your health care provider as soon as possible if you notice any unexplained lumps or pain in your testicles.

Ashutosh (Ash) K. Tewari, MD
www.cornellroboticprostate.org

This forum is for information only. The contents, such as graphics, images, text, quoted information and all other materials ("Content") are provided for reference only, do not claim to be complete or exhaustive or to be applicable to any particular individual's medical condition. Users should always consult with a qualified and licensed physician or other medical care provider. Users are warned to follow the advice of their physicians without delay regardless of anything read in this forum. The Weill Cornell Prostate Cancer Institute assumes no duty to correct or update the Content nor to resolve or clarify any inconsistent information which may be a part of the Content. Reliance on any Content is solely at the User's risk. This forum may contain health or medically related materials considered sexually explicit. Users are warned that if they may be offended by such Content, an alternate source of information should be found. Publication of information or reference in forum to specific sources such as specific products, procedures, physicians, treatments, or diagnoses are for information only and are not endorsements of the Weill Cornell Prostate Cancer Institute.