6 year old still peeing his pants

I have a 6yr old son who daily wets his pants. He says he cant feel it when it happens but other times he does get the urge to pee. We have taken him to his dr & 2 specialists as well who did tests and all say nothing is wrong. Said he would out grow it before he started 1st grade but he didnt. He does all his own laundry as a natural consiquence. We thought it could be a mental health issue & had him evaluated only to hear he is a " bright, well rounded young man". We have him pee every 2 hours but he will wet his pants in the mean time. At least 2 times a day. What should I do next? Is their something else to test for?
My four year old is doing the same as well sometimes he goes without peeing his pants for months then he does pee himself for a week up to a month. My husbabnd is not the best and refuses to but him back in diapers I just dont know what I did for this to happen.we go to the store and he pees himself we sit at home he pees himself. I have tried to reason with him and i am just not sure what to do....Please someone help me!
My 7 year old nephew was recently visiting our home and I noticed that he would urinate 2-3 times a day in his pants.  
I noticed that he was bouncing around and saw him grabbing himself , so I asked him if he had to use the br.  He said that he did and proceeded to close the door and go.
Later that day, we were driving the car and he just peed without saying anything. His older brother said that his pants leg was wet and that  "Joey must have peed again."  He wasn't sleeping, just sitting in the back with his brother, sister and cousin. His 4 year old sister does the same thing. I realize that this is alittle more common in her age group.
I have 5 children and never had this experience. Do you think that he should see a pediatric urologist....just to rule out anything physical?
Thank you for any comments.

My son will be eight in december and was potty trained at 3yrs old.  He went from 3yrs old until probably about 6 1/2 without accidents.  Now all of a sudden he will wet his pants and even poop in them sometimes.  He deos this often.  Also he will hide it from me, therefore ruining the clothes.  I often find them when I go to do laundry.  I wonder how many times I missed it because he was doing his own laundry for a while and now I feel I need to check.  He buys his own new underwear out of money he was trying to save for a game boy.  He cleans the clothes and does the laundry after every accident.  I am not sure what else to do.  I feel hopeless... Should I have him see a doctor?  Is this medical? Is it a behavior?  How do I help him stop this?
I HAVE TWIN 6 YEAR OLD DAUGHTERS.  THE "OUTGOING" ONE IS CONSTANTLY WETTING HERSELF.  HER DOCTOR TOLD ME "THIS IS NORMAL FOR SOME CHILDREN."  IT FRUSTRATES ME BECAUSE HER TEACHER IS UNDERSTANDABLY??? UPSET WITH HER (AND ME) BECAUSE OF IT. I TOO GET UPSET WITH HER.  HER TEACHER ALSO TELLS ME THAT SHE JUST SITS THERE AND SAYS NOTHING WHICH ALSO HAPPENS AT HOME.   AS A CHILD I WAS "THIS" CHILD; BUT LOOKING BACK I THINK IT WAS BECAUSE I WAS REALLY SHY AND DID NOT WANT THE ATTENTION.  I TELL MY DAUGHTER MY "PANT WETTING" STORIES AND I ALSO TELL HER THAT "ITS OK TO GET UP AND GO TO THE RESTROOM"-  HOPING IT WILL GIVE HER  THE ENCOURAGEMENT TO DO BETTER BUT UNFORTUNATELY I DONT THINK IT HAS. SHE ALSO GOES WEEKS WITHOUT ACCIDENTS AND BOOM AN ACCIDENT.  SHE IS ALSO A BED WETTER!  I OFTEN THINK SHE IS JUST BEING LAZY!  DOES ANYONE HAVE A SIMILIAR STORY WITH A SUCCESSFUL ENDING?  ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME!
My 6 Year old son was potty trained around 3 or 4 with few accidents.  Then we moved a few times (not that that should have anything to do with it) and he went back to peeing in his pants up to 3 or 4 times a day.  I was so frustrated.  I yelled, punished, major consequences ie wii, swimming and birthday parties.  The only thing now is he might only do it 1 or 2 times a day, and that is with me constantly reminding him.  I'm at my the end of my ropes.  I don't know what else I can possibly do or say to make him stop.  The worse part of this is that when he does have a little bit of an accident,  and for example shut the wii off....he's not that mad.  He'll say "okay, I'll go take a shower".  AGGHHHH!!!!!!!  I'm so nervous because he is going into 1st grade this September and starting school full time.  Please advise. lol
My son, 7, still wets his pants occassionally and still wears pull-ups to bed.
He's been to the doctor. I do have the choice of putting him on medication which would make his bladder more sensitive. The only other choice is to remind him on a regular basis (I like a previous comment on the belt vibrating alarm), limit his water intake after dinner and just deal with it.
Anger and making him do his own laundry/buying his own underwear will not work - it just shames him and I don't want my son ashamed of himself. He is a great kid. He gets too involved with playing or whatever he's doing and forgoes going to the bathroom because he doesn't want to interupt his play. If I see his wet pants, he has to come in, shower and change. It's far more disruptive to his play than just going to the bathroom and for the most part, this works. Before we walk out the door, before he goes to bed, before he goes to play, he's told to go to the bathroom. Even if he says he doesn't have to go, I make him go through the motions. Most times, he does go...!
There is a family history of bedwetting (my sister and brother both until they were 12 and 13 respectively) so I can't take it personal that my son does it. Stress (ie, moving, new situations) do make it worse ~ I try to prepare him as much as possible.
My son wets his pants. It doesn't make him a bad person. I don't like it, but the doctor assures me the teasing by his peers is probably the best deterent for him.
Have patience. It doesn't last. It may take a long time, but it eventually comes to an end. I saw it in my brother and sister and they are now in their late 30s and perfectly normal people...
Hang in there ladies!!!

You are reading content posted in the Child Behavior Community