Ovarian Cysts Community

monitoring left complex ovarian cyst and postmenopausal

i am postmenopausal. i have been monitored for a left complex 3 cm ovarian cyst for two years now. i have a history of lots of abdominal surgeries. the gyn and gynoncologist don't want to operate unless it is extremely  necessary as i have lots of adhesions and complications can come out of my surgery. i have been having ca 125 and he 4 blood tests and transvaginal ultrasounds for two going on three years now every 3 months.  the blood tests have been normal and the ovarian cyst size remains the same at 3 cm. i have to go for another transvaginal ultrasound in 3 months with repeat blood test ca 125. how much longer do i have to have this monitored. the gynoncologist stated the cyst is most likely benign. help
Complex ovarian cysts are generally benign. The risk of malignancy is generally higher among postmenopausal women.  Since you are post menopausal, hence your gynecologist is cautious and to be on the safe side, is getting your CA125 levels done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.