A
A
A
Close
Ovarian Cysts Community
6.09k Members
675329 tn?1297288378

monitoring left complex ovarian cyst and postmenopausal

i am postmenopausal. i have been monitored for a left complex 3 cm ovarian cyst for two years now. i have a history of lots of abdominal surgeries. the gyn and gynoncologist don't want to operate unless it is extremely  necessary as i have lots of adhesions and complications can come out of my surgery. i have been having ca 125 and he 4 blood tests and transvaginal ultrasounds for two going on three years now every 3 months.  the blood tests have been normal and the ovarian cyst size remains the same at 3 cm. i have to go for another transvaginal ultrasound in 3 months with repeat blood test ca 125. how much longer do i have to have this monitored. the gynoncologist stated the cyst is most likely benign. help
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374246539
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
Complex ovarian cysts are generally benign. The risk of malignancy is generally higher among postmenopausal women.  Since you are post menopausal, hence your gynecologist is cautious and to be on the safe side, is getting your CA125 levels done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.